The aim of this People Moving Training Course is to provide learners with the understanding and awareness and know how to perform People Moving tasks safety. This is to ensure that the organisation is compliant with the HSE’s Patient Moving Training Course requirements.
Course learning outcomes:
On completion of this People Moving Training Course you will be able to:
• List the duty of the employers and employees in relation to manual handling
• Explain the purpose composition and characteristics of the main parts of the spinal column and explain their relevance to manual handling
• Identify hazards associated with manual handling tasks
• List the equipment used to avoid or reduce the risks associated with manual handling tasks
• Explain the importance of good nutrition and fitness is required
• Learner will be observed carrying out people moving techniques and be competent to carry these tasks out in their working rolls.
• Manual Handling Risk Assessment
• Mechanical Equipment
• Fitness & Flexibility
• Principles of safe Manual Handling
• People Moving moves: Sitting up, turning, standing, walking and sitting
• Dealing with a falling and fallen patient
• Use of hoist
• Use of a profile bed
People Moving Training Course Duration:
This People Moving course is delivered over one day.
People Moving Training Course Certification:
On successful completion of this People Moving Course learners will receive a Manual Handling certificate from Grow Training. The certificate will be valid for 2 years.
People Moving Training Course Location:
This People Moving course will be delivered at your premises.
People Moving Training Course cost:
The cost of this People Moving course is €450 for a session for up to 10 persons. This is to ensure all learners demonstrate all techniques.
Individual €90 pp (note there must be more than 3 persons booking as an individual as demonstrations require 2 people).
Please note that all courses are delivered through English.