The aim of this Allergen Awareness Course is to provide you with the knowledge and understanding of food allergens and how they affect ‘at-risk’ consumers, how to inform customers about allergens in the food and your role in allergen management.
Food allergy and intolerance are growing health concerns. Anyone who prepares serves or sells food in any food business needs to be fully aware of the controls measures to ensure that customers are safe. From December 2011, new EU food labelling rules make it mandatory to declare the use of specified allergens in loose and prepacked foods. It is important that all food handling workers are trained in food allergen awareness.
Course learning outcomes:
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Why food allergies matters & the differences between Food Allergy & Intolerance.
- How to Identify food triggers, and allergic reactions they cause.
- Laws and best practice when handling food as per guidelines from FSAI and SafeFood with sufficient knowledge to keep your customers safe from harm.
- What employees need to know food allergens and intolerances
- Legal responsibilities
- Food allergen labelling
- Food allergies & intolerance training checklist & exams
- Words and Terms you need to know
Allergen Awareness Course Certification:
On successful completion of this Allergen Awareness Course learners will receive a Allergen Awareness certificate from Grow Training. The certificate will be valid for 2 years.
Allergen Awareness Course Location:
This Allergen Awareness Course will be delivered at your premises.
Duration of this course is run over half day
Please note that all courses are delivered through English.